Your Congressperson Just Stood Up for Wild Horses!
The following is from the American Wild Horse Campaign:
News & Alerts
We have great news! The House Rules Committee just voted to move our Wild Horse Amendment on to the House Floor for a vote, which will take place as early as this afternoon.
This is huge! It marks the first time in years that we’ve had a floor vote on a wild horse protection measure, and, even better, it has a very good chance of passing!
And there’s more good news… Representative Joe Neguse at (202) 225-2161 was one of 12 co-sponsors who supported this important amendment! We’ve listed out their numbers below so you can call and thank them at your convenience today:
- Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN): 202-225-3265
- Raul Grijalva (D-AZ): 202-225-2435
- David Schweikert (R-AZ): 202-225-219
- Joe Neguse (D-CO): 202-225-2161
- Jan Schakowsky (D-IL): 202-225-2111
- David Price (D-NC): 202-225-1784
- Rep. Dina Titus (D-NV): 202-225-5965
- Peter King (R-NY) 202-225-7896
- John Katko (R-NY) 202-225-3701
- Deb Haaland (D-NM) 202-225-6316
- Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) 202-225-4276
- Ben McAdams (D-UT): 202-225-3011
The amendment would require the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to spend $11 million to implement humane fertility control and begin to move away from brutal helicopter roundups, like the one that claimed the life of a young mare in a horrific accident this week in Utah.
Your calls and emails have made a big difference, and that’s why it’s important to thank your Representative for standing up for America’s wild horses and burros!
— AWHC Team