- LTR Blog
- About LTRThis is the History page.
- Contact UsThis is the Contact Us page.
The following is from the American Wild Horse Campaign:
These heartbreaking photos taken by our photographer yesterday at the Fish Creek HMA roundup in Nevada illustrate why our work to protect mustangs and burros is so important.
As I write this, our observer is in the field documenting yet another roundup of innocent wild horses who were living free with their families just days before Christmas. Now, they cling together in temporary pens awaiting shipment to a BLM holding facility and an uncertain future.
With your help today, we’re working to MAKE ROUNDUPS A THING OF THE PAST.
- In the field, we’re showing that humane management of wild horses with birth control is possible.
- In court, we’re defending wild horses from livestock industry demands for mass removals from public lands, and we’re fighting to stop brutal sterilization surgeries on wild mares.
- In Congress, we’re gaining more and more allies committed to protecting wild horses and burros and reforming the BLM’s outdated and inhumane management practices.
We know we’re asking for a lot during this last week of the year. It’s because the stakes are so high.
At this very moment, our wild horses and burros face an existential threat: the BLM’s plan to decimate wild herds by removing 90,000 of these magnificent animals from our public lands over the next five years.
Our work in 2021 could not be more important and we need your support to make it happen. We’re just HOURS away from the opportunity to unlock $125,000 before we close the books on 2020. I’m asking personally…are you able to pitch in ANY amount right now to help us unlock our biggest matching donation opportunity ever?
hank you for your generosity, compassion and support. Together, we can keep America’s majestic wild horses and burros wild!
PS — Do you know of anyone else in your life who loves wild horses? Every dollar raised today before our EOY deadline matters more than ever. Please forward this email, and share this EOY match appeal on Facebook to help us reach our last and most ambitious goal of the year!