Red Alert: Call the Senate Now
The following is from the American Wild Horse Campaign:
There’s a lot at stake for wild horses and burros this week on Capitol Hill. The Senate will unveil its Fiscal Year 2020 Interior Appropriations bill at a subcommittee hearing tomorrow and a full committee hearing on Thursday.
That means this is the last day to oppose funding for the dangerous cattlemen’s plan that will destroy America’s wild free-roaming herds.
If you do nothing else today, please pick up the phone now to contact the key Senators below. Tell them:
“Hello. I’m calling to ask the Senator to oppose funding in FY20 Appropriations for the cattlemen’s plan for America’s wild horses and burros. I don’t want my tax dollars spent on mass roundups that will lead to eventual slaughter or on cruel sterilization surgeries. Please don’t throw more money at a failed program that has shown no ability to reform. Thank you.”
- Senator Lisa Murkowski, (202) 224-6665 or (907) 271-3735
- Senator Tom Udall, (202) 224-6621 or (505) 346-6791
- Senator Susan Collins, (202) 224-2523 or (207) 780-3575
- Senator Lindsay Graham, (202) 224-5972 or (803) 933-0112
- Senator Marco Rubio, (202) 224-304, (305) 596-4224
- Senator Patrick Leahy, (202) 224-4242 or (802) 863-2525
- Senator Dianne Feinstein, (202) 224-3841 or (415) 393-0707
- Senator Jeff Merkley, (202) 224-3753 or (503) 326-3386
- Senator Chris VanHollen, (202) 224-4654 or (667) 212-4610
- Senator Jack Reed, (202) 224-4642 or (401) 528-5200
After you make the call, please take one moment to send this automated tweet.
We must amplify our voices now! There’s too much at stake not to act.
Thank you for speaking up for America’s wild horses!
Suzanne Roy, Executive Director