So long, sweet Kaya!
The following is from All About Equine Animal Rescue:
Sweet Kaya, Our Hearts are Broken
We’ve had a sad week at AAE with the loss of our sweet, sweet ol’ girl, Kaya. Many of you may remember she colicked last month, and her docs found a stone in her tummy. Sadly, it reared it’s ugly self again, and this past Tuesday morning, Kaya was not herself. She hadn’t eaten her dinner, and she hadn’t pooped all night. Not good! We called the vet, and after exam, we took her to the clinic for hospitalization. She was impacted again, and we were faced with the surgery question, again. It’s a heart-wrenching question when faced with the cost of surgery, her age, recovery, and all the other horses in our care. Just as importantly, all of the volunteers and participants that love each and every horse in our care and the participants that share their lives, as well. Needless to say, this is one special mare that has so kindly touched the lives of so many people.
PLEASE BUY TOGETHER TO SIT TOGETHER
Boots & Bling needs YOU!
Lees’ Feed & Western Wear
We also need LIVE and SILENT AUCTION DONATIONS!
AAE’s 2018-19 Calendars are Here!
Daily Horse Care, especially pm shifts
Used Tack Store Support, all areas
Foster Homes, Long-Term Foster/Sanctuary Homes
Capital Campaign Support
Grants – Writing and Research
Volunteer, Project, and Activity Coordinators
Media and/or Photo Librarian
More, more, more
Interested in volunteering or volunteering in other areas?
Submit a Review Today!
Great NonProfits – Top Rated Awards
Thanks to YOUR input in 2017, AAE is once again a Top-Rate nonprofit!
If you love our work, then tell the world! Stories about us from people like you will help us make an even bigger impact in our community in the future.
GreatNonprofits is the #1 source of nonprofit stories and feedback, and it honors highly regarded nonprofits each year with their Top-Rated List.
Won’t you help us raise visibility for our work by posting a brief story of your experience with us? All content will be visible to potential donors and volunteers.
It’s easy and only takes 3 minutes!
Click here to get started!
Employers Match Donations, Does Yours?
Did you know YOU could earn grant money for AAE from your employer just by volunteering?
Many Employers offer money when their employees volunteer. Here are a few examples:
- Intel provides a $10 grant to a nonprofit per every volunteer hour by an employee, and matches funds dollar for dollar up to $5,000 per employee or retiree.
- Microsoft provides a $17 grant to a nonprofit per every hour volunteered by an employee.
- Apple provides a $25 grant to a nonprofit per every volunteer hour by an employee, and matches funds dollar for dollar up to $10,000 per employee.
- Verizon provides a $750 grant to a nonprofit when an employee volunteers for 50+ hours.
- State Farm provides a $500 grant nonprofit when an employee volunteers for+ 40 hours.
- Others top 20 matching gift and/or volunteer grant companies include
- Home Depot
- JP Morgan
- Soros Fund Management
- BP (British Petroleum)
- Gap Corporation
- State Street Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Outerwall (CoinStar and RedBox)
- Time Warner and subsidiaries
- and more
Check with your employer. You could help purchase our next load of hay!