ISPMB UPDATE – Still Here in the Ice and Snow in South Dakota
The following is an update on the ISPBM situation from Chilly Pepper-Miracle Mustang Rescue.
It was 3 a.m., as I lay awake listening to the howling winds and blowing snow. So many little ones we had not been allowed to pull were out there with their families. There are no wind breaks or shelter, except the warmth of the families hunched together. Such frigid temperatures and icy slippery conditions weighed heavily on my heart. Were the babies ok?
It has been so intense here. So many victories with each and every horse we load into a trailer headed for safety and a new life. So much heartache when the stallions simply fly over the 6 foot panels while we are setting up to load them. At this point we have 4 stallions in one of the “stallion pens” and they are scheduled to come back to Chilly Pepper with Matt and I.
So far we have had the Paint Stallion penned up several times, but he stood straight up, and then simply launched himself over the panel. As he proudly ran away the tears filled my eyes. They have no idea what they are running into.
Here are a couple of videos so you can experience this with us and see some of the horses y’all have saved.
(Once these little ones are wormed they will gain weight and be able to thrive )
I wanted to thank everyone for the love and support. Matt and I will never be the same again. The heart break and agony we have experienced here, knowing we cannot save all of these horses is gut wrenching. It makes sleep nearly impossible and it is just too hard. But every time my phone dings and there is a donation or a message of support, (and God seems to know exactly when to send them lol), we receive more hope. No matter if it is a $2, $5 or $25 dollar donation, it shows us how many folks really love and care about these horses., and you have made it possible for us to save the ones we can.
The messages of love and support are incredible too. Although I had a lady tell me that folks are “tired of reading about all the sadness and emergencies”. At first I was a bit angry and I wanted to tell her “then don’t read them”. We do not create these “emergencies”, but when God puts them in front of us, we do our best to do what needs to be done.
We “accidentally” moved to Golconda, because if we went back to the 2 acres in CA, 13 adult horses would have gone to slaughter when y’all saved the Yakama 24. So moving to the trailer was the right thing to do, even though we didn’t have water in the trailer for 6 months (except a garden hose PTL), and it was a “tear down” dump.
Most of our stuff is still in CA and we haven’t even been able to move all the horses to NV. So you can be sure we are not enjoying all the emergencies. HOWEVER, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU who have stepped up with your love and support, we have saved an amazing number of God’s critters this year. So I am sorry if some folks are frustrated with all the “new emergencies”, but please understand that we are too.
There are two days left, and panic starts to set in. But you have to take a deep breath because you cannot sort a couple of hundred wild horses on ice if you are not calm and collected. There are many blind horses in the group we are working with these last two days and it makes it horrifically dangerous not only for them (as we have set up pens where they had open area before), but they will run right over you in a panic. The freezing, blowing ice cold winds do not help this situation. At times the snow is blowing so hard you cannot even see. It is icy and all of us are slipping and falling, but there is no time left to wait for good weather. So this is not something we ever want to experience again.
But I wanted to share at least a few pictures and videos of some of the horses you have saved. GOD BLESS YOU for each and every one we have gotten to safety.
We will keep fighting until the bitter end. When you look into their eyes when they are in the “safe pen”, the joy is immense. It is an amazing gift of life to each and every horse we pull for adoption. Please keep praying and know that we so appreciate the support that makes this possible.
We have had to hire a local “crew”, as Matt and I simply cannot move all these panels in the ice and snow and we have to have adequate folks to help us sort and load. The horses know something is up and their energy is high. So we always want to make sure everyone is safe first and foremost.
Matt and I need to make several trips back and forth to bring home the horses. We are saving 10 older horses which we will take back to Chilly Pepper, get them vetted, gelded if needed and get their little hoofers done. We want to thank Dianne Nelson for stepping up and taking these horses in to live the rest of their lives in peace. After they are feeling better, we will take them to the sanctuary.
Please keep praying for safety, strength, warmer weather and a miracle. I know miracles can happen, and we truly need one.
If you want to help You can go to You Caring – to help us keep saving lives and to give Shadow the life she deserves.
You can go to Paypal – Palominodancer@yahoo.com or go towww.chillypepper.org
if you would like to help these horses.
You can donate via check at Chilly Pepper – Miracle Mustang, P.O. Box 190 Golconda, NV 89414
You can also donate via credit card by calling Palomino at 530-339-1458.
** NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL
WE SAVE THEM ALL!
SAVING GOD’S CRITTERS – FOUR FEET AT A TIME
Leave a Reply