It’s Here! It’s Here! #GivingTuesday!
The following is from All About Equine Animal Rescue:
With your support, horses like Rudy get a second chance .
Next to feed and supplement costs,
Johnny’s are welcomed to the world.
- 34 horses in need have been helped
- 17 have found forever homes
- 8 foals became weanlings looking for forever homes
- as many as 54 horses have been fed and cared for during the year
- hoof care, $50 per trim
- over 50 horses have been vaccinated – nearly $100 a set
nearly 60 dentals have been completed with additional exams – dental costs ranging from $100-$272
- 15 geldings had sheath cleanings during while sedated (after dentals) – add $58
- five colts were castrated – four normal procedures $190 each (plus antibiotics) and one a crypt orchid, $915
- various lab work costs through the year exceeded $4500
- emergency care, surgery, radiographs exceeded $2o,000 (e.g. colics, hospitalization, wound care, growth removals, biopsies, laminitis evaluations, medication, etc.)
Horses need you!
The giving doesn’t stop there.
ALASKA CRUISE RAFFLE
Win a 10 Day Cruise for 2 to Alaska
(or $5000 credit toward another available itinerary)
Raffle Limited to 200 Tickets!
Employers Match Donations, Does Yours?
provides a $10 grant to a nonprofit per every volunteer hour by an employee, and matches funds dollar for dollar up to $5,000 per employee or retiree.
Microsoft provides a $17 grant to a nonprofit per every hour volunteered by an employee.
Apple provides a $25 grant to a nonprofit per every volunteer hour by an employee, and matches funds dollar for dollar up to $10,000 per employee.
Verizon provides a $750 grant to a nonprofit when an employee volunteers for 50+ hours.
- State Farm provides a $500 grant nonprofit when an employee volunteers for+ 40 hours.
- Others top 20 matching gift and/or volunteer grant companies include
- Home Depot
- JP Morgan
- Soros Fund Management
- BP (British Petroleum)
- Gap Corporation
- State Street Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Outerwall (CoinStar and RedBox)
- Time Warner and subsidiaries
- and more