Thank you! Here’s what’s next —
The following is from the American Wild Horse Campaign:
Thanks to overwhelming support from activists like you, our Spring Campaign was a great success. We were able to raise over $50,000 that will go toward saving and protecting our nation’s wild horses.
With your help, we’re able to continue to battle for wild horses and burros in the courts and in the field.
From everyone at AWHC, thank you.
But we’re still in the midst of one of our biggest battles. Right now, Congress is finalizing a spending bill that may include provisions for the roundup and slaughter of over 90,000 wild horses across the United States.
The deal will be done within the next 10 days. Here’s what you can do:
- Call the Leadership of the House and Senate. See numbers below. Simply deliver this message: “I’m calling to urge Senator/Representative _____ to keep horse slaughter out of 2018 spending legislation by maintaining the Senate versions of Agriculture and Interior Appropriations bills. Please stand with the 80% of Americans who oppose horse slaughter and want our wild horses protected and humanely managed, not killed or slaughtered.”
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: (202) 224-2541
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer: (202) 224-6542
- House Speaker Paul Ryan: (202) 225-3031
- House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy: (202) 225-2915
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi: (202) 225-4965
- Contact your representatives now. Tell them that you stand with the 80% of Americans who oppose killing wild horses and burros, and want them protected and humanely managed on our public lands. Take action here.
It’ll be a long fight to make sure the lives of wild horses and burros are no longer in jeopardy. But with your support, we’re making gains toward a successful future.